Wednesday, July 22, 2015

*Cottage in the Woods*

Today when I picked up my mail at the post office, what a nice surprise!  My order from Simon Says Stamp was in.  I wasn't expecting it until next week.  They really outdid themselves this time. This *cottage in the woods* die from Memory Box was one of the goodies I received.  Of course, I had to play right away! 


I hand cut some more hills and layered them with the die cut in front.  To darken up the sky a little I used chipped sapphire distress ink, leaving part of it lighter for a little moon glow....  I didn't do a great job with this, but hopefully I'll get better with practice. Then I punched out the moon and inked it a little bit with antique linen distress ink.  I also rounded it slightly with my embossing tool and just glued around the edge.  Then I added the sentiment and some stars with a white gel pen.  I added a little *wink of stella* (also in my package today) to give them a bit of shine.


Hope today was a good day for you, come back soon!






3 comments :

debby4000 said...

Oh what a fabulous card.
luv
Debby

Tracey said...

Really nice card....love the scene you have created with the new dies!
ps. so nice of you to visit me, I appreciate your kind words!

Ulina / Apricot Bubbles said...

What a beautiful night scene! Makes a really nice card! Hugs, Uli

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...