Friday, October 24, 2014

My Hubby!


Hello Friends,

I am very sorry to tell you that my dear husband, Eddie, passed away on September 9th after a 3 1/2 year struggle with pancreatic cancer.  

During that time, his positive attitude was amazing and he was determined to live his life as normally as possible in spite of surgeries and treatments that were not always easy to deal with. 

 We were together for a long time, we would have been married for 50 years on October 10th.  Life is not the same without him and I am so grateful to my wonderful family & friends who continue to support me, as well as my strong faith in God which gives me comfort and hope.

Bye for now.
Babs xo



8 comments :

Esther Asbury said...

My heart goes out to you -- so sorry for your loss!

lotta joy said...

I have always come here to see your cards and was wondering why your post had remained dormant for so long. I'm SO SO sorry for you and your husband. Cancer is the meanest thing that still causes our hearts to plummet in fear after all these years. I'm glad you have family and friends nearby, but there's still those empty hours/days/weeks ahead. I am glad you knew nearly 50 years of life with him and, again, I'm sorry for your great loss.

Tracy said...

So very sorry for your loss. ♥

Ulina / Apricot Bubbles said...

Babs, I´m so sorry to hear that - we share a great hope - I´m looking forward to the day when our hope will become reality ...
Hugs,
Uli

Linda said...

I am so sorry you lost your husband to cancer.

Pearl said...

My dear sister Babs, I am so sorry to hear about your husband! Please remember that even though others may not be able to understand what you are going through, Jehovah does and he will give you the strength to get through this difficult time. You and your family are in my prayers.
Love Peral x

Babs said...

Thank you so much to all of you for leaving such kind & encouraging comments. I appreciate you all.
Luv, Babs xo

Renate said...

Babs, I'm very sorry to hear about your loss. This is my first time on your blog.
My husband was just diagnosed with prostate cancer in August. He's just 50. Last month he had surgery to remove his prostate. We went Wednesday for his follow-up. His PSA test was 0.1. In 8 weeks he has to have another test. we hope and pray that it goes even lower, so he won't have to take radiation. His cancer was already growing 2 years before it was found. His PSA was only 2 then. I just want to stress to your fellow crafters how important it is for men to get a physical every year, not just a PSA test. I just don't want anyone else to go thru this. As with any cancer, early detection is important.
With Thoughts and Prayers
Renate

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...