Friday, April 27, 2012

Some Oldies

It's been a while since I posted anything, I've been busy with other things, but I also found that I was spending a little too much time blogging and not enough on other important aspects of my life.  
I haven't made any cards lately, so thought I'd share a couple of projects I did some time ago.

First, is an exploding box I made for my hubby for our anniversary.

 Sorry about the poor picture.
 I wanted it to look sort of traditional, then when he opened it, this is what is inside....



This is the first xploding box I made and it was made quite a few years ago before I started using Copics, so they are pictures that I purchased online.  Also there's a pocket to hold a Home Depot gift card.  He loves tools!

Another Xploding Box........



This was made for our son and daughter in law.

Another one.......
this time for my Grandaughter.



The little box held a necklace.

Now for something different, this is a coffee filter recipe book, fun to make & my first mini album.  I decorated with a set of themed graphics which I purchased.






That's all for today.
Thanks for stopping by my blog today.
Have a wonderful day, bye for now....





10 comments :

Linda Wescott said...

I've never ever made an exploding box...just keep watching tutorials lol. They always look so impressive and these are no exception, I'm sure they were all received with delight. I love the coffee filter recipe book...it's so very cute. Hugs lin

Tracy said...

I LOVE your exploding boxes! I keep saying I'm going to try one of these but haven't yet. I'm so glad you decided to share them with us. Maybe this will spur me on. :-) Hugs!

THINGS YOU'D NEVER GUESS ABOUT ME said...

I've been putting off venturing back into my craft room. Why? Because I finally cleaned the table off and put everything back where it belongs. ONE CARD, and it will ALL be back on the tables.

But your explosion card could be....might be....is worth the chance.

dj1952 said...

Oh Babs, these are fantastic! My favorite is the one you did for your son and daughter-in-law. I've never done one either, but now after seeing yours, I'm determined to do some. I have a couple of special anniversaries coming up, that I'd love to do something special for. Thanks for the inspiration. Hugs, dj

deb said...

Love these exploding boxes Babs! You are so talented and pay attention to every little detail!
I understand how time can get away form you when crafting...everything in balance, hey??
Thanks for the share!

Love Debi

debby4000 said...

Oh WOW Babs these are stunning.
luv
Debby

Unknown said...

I have never made an exploding box but your work is so neat and beautiful what stunning creations well done Hugs Elaine

Ulina / Apricot Bubbles said...

These boxes are such a great idea! I like the one for your Granddaughter best :-)
Have a nice new week!!
Hugs,
Uli

Faye said...

Wow, Babs, wow! I wouldn't even try and make these boxes, they scare me!! xx

Hazel said...

Babs

I don't know where to begin - everything is just stunning - I love it all.

Thanks for dropping in and leaving me a comment.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

Toodles

Hazel xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...