Sunday, March 18, 2012

I Love Country!

Does this look familiar?

I have used some of the elements that I have on my blog design.

My blog background is from *Cutest Blog on the Block*, but since there was no header to go with it, I purchased the kit so that I could make my own header.  

Below is the cute card that inspired me...

I saw it at Scrapbook.com

After seeing this I wanted to do a *country* card.
I really do love *country* and roosters....I have a few of them around my home.  I thought that these backgrounds etc would work perfectly.
  I did a patchwork background and stitched around the edges, except for the one on the lower right, which I distressed.  The edges of all four are inked with distress ink.  The rooster is embossed to round him out a bit, and then stuck on with pop dots.  Ribbon & buttons from my stash.  I didn't add a sentiment yet.  Sometimes I don't until I know who I'm giving it to, then I can add something appropriate.

A closer look...

Thanks so much for visiting my blog today.




17 comments :

Esther Asbury said...

I LOVE this card -- I love all things country and love roosters too.....BTW - we have the same backgrounds on our blog right now! Great minds think alike! (ha)

McCrafty's Cards said...

Fabulous card Bab's, I like the rooster and the stitched panels.
Kevin xx

Unknown said...

This is so different Babs I love it
Hugs Elaine

Stacey G.-2 Craf-t-4u said...

So country and so great Babs! Love the layout and the stitching too! The rooster is fantastic! The paper is perfect!

Ulina / Apricot Bubbles said...

Perfect country style - LOVE IT!!!
The rooster is so fabulous and so is your card design!! Great card!

debby4000 said...

Oh this is fabulous Babs.
luv
Debb

dj1952 said...

Wow, Babs, these are fantastic. I love all the elements of it. You did a fabulous job. Hugs, dj

Cath said...

Found your blog through Karens "Sew Many Ways" and love it. Love your furbabies too! Will definately be back for another visit.
Cath
@ Bits 'n Bobs

Tracy said...

LOVE your rooster Babs! My kitchen is full of them. :-) That chicken wire paper is awesome. Super cute card! Hugs!

WeirdCat said...

What a fab card, came here from MiM and love the sewing and the overall design of the card
Ruth x

cgammeter said...

Hi Babs, I'm Connie @ http://hotflashncraftn.blogspot.com/, your new GF friend, stop by and be my friend, too.
Love your chickens, so country.

Linda Wescott said...

Very stylish, love the patchwork and the rooster is just great. Hugs lin

Michelle said...

Hi

Wow, I love your card! It matches your blog quite well actually, lol! The papers all co-ordinate beautifully and the stitching adds a great touch.

Thank you for sharing with us at Make It Monday this week.

Michelle :o)

Hazel said...

Hey Babs

Great card - the texture on the papers really make it pop out - wonderful.

Thank you for popping by and leaving some lovely comments on my blog - they are so very much appreciated.

Ta-ra for now.

Hazel xx

Julie said...

love your country style card, beautifully done.

Heide said...

These are just great! Love your papers and the country feel. Your card caught my eye over at MIM.
Hugs, Heide

My best friends blog said...

this card is so adorable! Thank you so much for stopping by our blog! If you like it we would love for you to follow us.

http://mybest-friendsblog.blogspot.com/

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...