Thursday, February 16, 2012

Shadow Box Card


I made this 50th Anniversary card for some dear friends of ours.
It is a combination card and shadow box.   


From the side it looks like a book.


The inside.
On the left side is a pocket to hold a gift card,


What I used...
Papers: *Anna Griffin* designer pack. DCWV *metallic stack* - gold
Cream card stock for base
Flowers:  Prima
Birdcage:  *Serenade* Cricut cartridge
Ribbon:  Walmart
Edge punch & leaf punch:  Martha Stewart
Small heart  punch:  Fiskars
Die: Spellbinders *Beaded Ovals*
Pearls:  Dollar store
Music & *Love* are digi images. 

If you'd like to try making one, here's a video tutorial.




Now I have another card to show you.
This is one I made for a friend.



Thanks for dropping by and have a really super day!


9 comments :

Stacey G.-2 Craf-t-4u said...

The shadow bow is fantastic Babs! So beautiful and very elegant! Love the inside too! You know I'll be trying this one! Love the card too, so fun and happy!

Dorcas said...

Wow Babs! What a stunning box card!! Absolutely beautiful! And I love your happy card too. :)

deb said...

Babs! Beautiful as always!! Your 2 cards that you have posted today really show your talent...and how versatile your creativity is! The are 2 ends of the spectrum...yet equally as stunning! Thanks for sharing! Your dear friends are going to love them!!

Debi
xoxox

Debbles Dabbles said...

I am sure the receivers of both projects were thrilled, but you certainly did a wonderful job on the 50th anniversary gift / card.....how very special!

THINGS YOU'D NEVER GUESS ABOUT ME said...

THIS has to be my next endeavor. After making my first sympathy card last night, I truly need to make something as uplifting and beautiful as this.

The Spotted Chick said...

Ok, now tell me that card is coming to ME! OMG it's adorable! And that shadow box is GORGEOUS!
Oh, and thanks for telling me about the word verification, what a hassle, I've removed it. Thank you!

dj1952 said...

Wow, Babs. This is AWESOME! I love your design and what you've placed on the inside. Thank you so much for the tutorial, because, I will definitely be trying this one. And your other card is so cute. Hugs, dj

Linda Wescott said...

Your shadow box card is very stylish Babs. There is so much on there that I just love. As I've said before, you put so much time and attention to the projects you make. Beautiful. Your other card is so cute, bright and happy too. Hugs lin

Melissa said...

Wow! You are very talented!!

Very beautiful handmade cards and such.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...