Monday, November 28, 2011

Lattice Card



Have I ever told you how much I love Valita's Designs blog?  
She has so many neat ideas & lots of tutorials.  Here's the Tutorial for this card and more.
This is one of her card designs using Nesties. This is the first one of these cards that I've made and there are things about it that I don't like... the inking on the cutouts for one, I think it would look better with a lighter, more delicate colour. Also the embossing on the right side.  That was an afterthought and I thought it would look nice with a few vines etc. just on one side.  Well, it doesn't.  I should have done the whole thing before I added the cutouts etc. 
Oh well, I'll know for next time.

 Here is a closer view...


The flowers are Prima and I punched the leaves out with my M.S. punch then inked the edges.

Here's the inside.  
So that I don't cover up the green that shows through at the front I will write my message on the back.

Now on a different note....
Yesterday we had one heck of a strong chinook wind here in Alberta. I heard on the radio this morning that it did lots of damage.  Well I believe it because look what it did here in my backyard....




Fortunately this is not a vehicle that we use, in fact, we have been trying to sell it.  We thought that idea was now toast, but then our neighbour came over and made us an offer.  Plus, my hubby now has more firewood stacked up for his shop, so it's not all bad.

Have a lovely day everyone!  




3 comments :

McCrafty's Cards said...

Beautiful card Bab's, its so classy, I like the flower, glad to see you are looking on the bright side re the car.
Kevin xx

Stacey G.-2 Craf-t-4u said...

This is very pretty Babs! Great design! I like the embossing and the ink matches the beautiful flowers! That was one bad storm! Sorry about the car, Glad it sold anyway!

Ulina / Apricot Bubbles said...

Pretty card, Babs! This is a design I never tried myself - but I should - it looks so very pretty!
Ooooh, so sorry about the car :-( I hate wind and storms - they frighten me, because they´re so powerful...
Hugs,
Uli

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...