Friday, July 8, 2011

Napkin Fold Card


I first saw this napkin fold on Stacey's blog, (Stacey's post has a link to the tutorial) I thought it was a very cool idea and wanted to give it a try. It is made from a 12" x 12" sheet of shimmery white card stock and measures 6"x6" when closed.  The edging is done with a Martha Stewart *punch around the page*.  The papers are some that I have in my stash, ribbon is from Walmart.




Here it is opened up.
The centre could be decorated or used for a sentiment. I didn't decorate the corners because the paper is so nice & I thought it would look okay plain, but I may decide to add something....maybe a little  bling like is on the front.


A closer look at the front decoration, this is part of the belly band which holds it closed & ties with a ribbon.  I chose this ribbon because it is so pretty but it is quite stiff & doesn't make a very nice bow.  Next time I would use a softer, wider ribbon so that I could tie a nicer bow.


This is the back, the band is glued down.

Thanks for dropping by,

2 comments :

Stacey G.-2 Craf-t-4u said...

It came out gorgeous Babs! I love the colors and the punch! I want to try a few more and play with the punches. The effect is different every time! The flower in the center is perfect too! I just did another fancy fold in very similar colors! I won't post it for a few weeks because it is for a DT but you will love the fold!

O'Brien Photography said...

Very Neat. the punch along the edges give it such a pretty effect!
Lorie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...