Monday, December 27, 2010

Funky Fold Card

Dec. 27/10

Here is a "funky fold" zigzag card.
I cut the card out of periwinkle card stock, then layered a darker shade of periwinkle on top of that. I then added the white & silver designer paper. I made the flowers by punching out several scalloped circles from the same periwinkle c/s.  I inked the edges of the circles before putting them together, then added a few drops of glitter glue to the petals.  The leaves are cut out of green c/s, inked and folded down the centre. I used tiny glue dots to add the pearls.
The sentiment is one that I found online, not sure where, you could check out Gingers house (link on right) where I have found most of my sentiments.
Here's a video tutorial at Sweeet Designs by Cheryl.
It acts up sometimes & doesn't always start to play right away, but just click on it a few times and it will eventually play for you.  
I found a video tutorial on youtube for making the flowers, so I'll
add it to my next post.

Thanks for stopping by....

10 comments :

Audrey said...

What a stunning card! I love the fold. Thanks for joining us at Aud Sentiments.

jackiescrafts said...

What a beautiful card, I love the fold and the colours you have used. Your flowers are fab too
Thanks for joining in at CYDA this time

Jackie x

deesdesigns said...

This is jaw-dropping gorgeous! The flowers are perfection - anyone would love to receive this card.
I'm so glad you were able to join us for our challenge at Aud Sentiments!

Linda Wescott said...

I googled funky fold card and your beautifully stunning creation came up. I've just made a couple of these using Cheryls tutorial....I'm just the tiniest bit addicted now I think LOL. Love those flowers too. If you like candy, I've a little on offer on my blog at the moment, and I've a few freebies too. Hugs lin

Gem said...

a fab card, thanks for joining in the challenge at Digistamps 4 Joy! Gemma :)

Ruthie said...

Wow - thats a card and a half! Love it!

thanks for joining in at Aud Sentiments

Rx

Melanie M said...

So pretty and the colours are great!
Thank you for joining us at Digistamps 4 Joy challenge blog :)

Melanie M said...

Beautiful card and colours.
Thank you for joining us at Digistamps 4 Joy challenge blog :)

Ulina / Apricot Bubbles said...

Hi Babs!
This card is gorgeous!
I just found your blog because of the comment you left on Linda´s blog - you say, you are a spiritual sister to her - are you a Jehovah´s Witness? If yes, I´m your sister, too!
I just scolled through your blog and saw, that you make beautiful stepcards - I just discovered how much fun it is making them... so I love all the inspiration from your cards - I just became your follower.
Greetings from Austria!
Ulina

Cheryl Walker said...

Beautiful card hun!!! I love the colors and the flowers you made :) also love the dp!
Hugs,
Cheryl

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...